Just a Thought

Site Navigation

My Communities

My Categories

My Content Pages:

My Links:

Entries for October, 2008

October 11th, 2008

Rediscover Kuching

Posted by khing at 10:00 PM on October 11, 2008.

Photo 1:  Sarawak River

 

Photo 2: Overlooking Kuching landmark along the riverfront

 

Photo 3: On the boat

 

Photo 4: Overlooking Astana

 

Photo 5: Along the way climbing up to the peak of Fairy Cave.

 

Photo 6:  Opening to the Fairy Cave

 

Photo 7: Marvel at the nature, god's creation.

 

Photo 8:  View from the peak of Fairy Cave

 

Photo 9:  High tide at river stream running through Wind Cave.

 

Photo 10: Chalet at Damai Beach, Santubong

 

Photo 11: Damai Beach, Santubong

 

Photo 12: Cat's Musuem. 

 

Photo 13: View from Cat's Musuem overlooking the city.

 

Photo 14: Childhood's Snack.

 

 “Self discovery is as much as discovering the outside world, you go away, u learnt, you get scar, mark, change in the progress, and hopefully when all is said and done, you are a little bit better for it.

“Travel is not always pretty, is not always comfortable, sometime it hurts, it even break  your heart  but that is okay, the journey  changes you, it should change you, it leaves mark on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart and on your body, you take something with you and hopefully you leave something good behind.” 

“Where will I end up next, what is my next journey, your guess is as good as mine.”

Excerpts from “Into The Jungle “episode by Anthony Bourdain on “No Reservations”.  To experience more on Kuching, click on following link:http://yumyumasia.com/2008/09/13/no-reservations-in-malaysia/

 

 

 

Add a Comment

October 26th, 2008

稻香

Posted by khing at 08:06 PM on October 26, 2008.

對這個世界如果你有太多的抱怨
If you have too many grievances towards this world,

跌倒了就不敢繼續往前走
Having fallen, you lose the courage to go on

為什麼人要這麼的脆弱 墮落
Why do people want to be so weak and fallen?

請你打開電視看看
Please turn on the television now and see for yourself

多少人為生命在努力勇敢的走下去
So many people bravely fighting for their lives

我們是不是該知足
Shouldn’t we be content,

珍惜一切 就算沒有擁有
Cherish all we have, even if we don’t possess them

還記得你說家是唯一的城堡
I still remember you said home is your only castle

隨著稻香河流繼續奔跑
Following the paddy fragrance, the flowing stream, I continued running

微微笑 小時候的夢我知道
Smile, I know the childhood dreams

不要哭讓螢火蟲帶著你逃跑
Don’t cry, let the fireflies take you away, escaping

鄉間的歌謠永遠的依靠
You will always find serenity in folk songs

回家吧 回到最初的美好*
Go home, return to the sweet past

不要這麼容易就想放棄 就像我說的
Don’t give up so easily, just like what I said,

追不到的夢想 換個夢不就得了
If the dream can’t be reached, then just follow another dream

為自己的人生鮮艷上色
Add bright colours to your own life

先把愛塗上喜歡的顏色
Paint LOVE in your favourite colour

笑一個吧 功成名就不是目的
Smile, fame and success isn’t the aim

讓自己快樂快樂這才叫做意義
Be happy. That is the whole meaning

童年的紙飛機 現在終於飛回我手裡
(Just like how) I finally found my lost childhood innocence

所謂的那快樂 赤腳在田裡追蜻蜓追到累了
What is happiness? It’s chasing dragonflies in the fields barefooted till we’re exhausted

偷摘水果被蜜蜂給叮到怕了 誰在偷笑呢
Tried to steal fruits but suffered so much beestungs until i am scared. Who’s snickering (at me)?

我靠著稻草人吹著風唱著歌睡著了
Leaning against the scarecrow, enjoying the wind, singing songs till I fall asleep

哦 哦 午後吉他在蟲鳴中更清脆
Oh~ Oh~ In the afternoon, the guitar chords sound more crisp amidst the cries of the insects

哦 哦 陽光灑在路上就不怕心碎
Oh~ Oh~ The sunlight shines on the road so there’s no need to fear a heartbreak

珍惜一切 就算沒有擁有
Cherish everything, even if we don’t possess them

1 comments

« 2008/09 | 2008/11 »

Site powered by Tabulas.